An Exciting Place to Play
Here in Ashland, we know how to have fun! From our historic downtown and creative district to our shopping, entertainment and outdoor activities, we bring the excitement to you.
Ashland is located on historic U.S. Route 6, considered the longest highway in the U.S, and boasts an authentic small-town main street lined with gift shops, galleries, unique shops and an old-fashioned ice cream parlor.
The AAEDC is collaborating with the Ashland Arts Council, City of Ashland, Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce, local business owners to designate a portion of the Historic Downtown as a Creative District recognized by the Nebraska Arts Council.
The Creative District Project
In 2021, the Nebraska Legislature appropriated $1 million into the Nebraska Arts Council. The money is slated to be used for the creation of creative districts. As part of economic development, quality of life measures are taken to ensure that citizens find comfort in the place they call home. The AAEDC has taken the step to collaborate with the City of Ashland, Ashland Arts Council, and the creative business
community to form a mayoral appointed committee to establish a creative district in Ashland. “The Flora District” will overlay the downtown area with some greenspace on Silver St. near the Ashland Public Library. Once designated a creative district by the Nebraska Arts Council, the committee can apply for a $250,000 grant to support the creative arts and bolster the cultural infrastructure and programs.
Additionally, the City of Ashland is the midway point between the metropolitan cities of Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, and is located within the Omaha Metropolitan Statistical Area. These two major cities provide Ashland residents with additional shopping, entertainment and professional service needs and activities.
Each dollar you spend at a local business returns three times more money to Ashland’s local economy than one spent at a chain.
You don’t have to leave town to find entertainment — It’s all right here! Whether you’re looking for family fun or an exciting night out, Ashland has something that everyone will love.
Get outside and explore all that Ashland has to offer.
- Mahoney State Park
- Wiggenhorn Park – Playground – 25th & Clay Streets
- Euclid St. Park – Playground – 21st & Euclid Streets
- East Side Park – Playground – 6th & Birch Streets
- Kiddy Korner Park – Playground – 12th & Euclid Streets
- Saline Ford Park – 10th & Silver Streets
- Central Bark Dog Park & Dog Agility Course – 9th & Ash Street
- Platte River State Park
- Jack Anderson Ball Park – 10th & Clay Streets
- Frisbee Golf Course – 10th & Silver Streets
- Tennis Courts – 26th & Clay Streets
- Volleyball Courts – 9th & Ash Streets
- Saline Ford Hiking/Biking Trail – 12th & Silver Streets
- Ashland Golf Club
- Country Drive Golf Course
- Swimming Pool – 25th & Clay Streets
- Splash Pad – 25th & Clay Streets
- Iron Horse Golf Club
- Quarry Oaks Golf Course
- Go Ape Zipline & Adventure Park
Camping and Recreation Areas
Interested in what’s going on in Ashland? Check out our calendar to find all events happening soon.
Let's Grow Together
See how we can help with your next project.